Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall is Here!



You know those people who get really really excited over the arrival of Autumn? You guessed it- I'm one of them. There's nothing I love more than my yearly tradition of putting on my Norah Jones CD and enjoying my first hot cider of the year while pouring over my pattern books and stashed yarns to find the perfect fall project. And thanks to yesterday's cold that stopped me from leaving the house, my knitting bag is stocked with some lovely deep red alpaca yarn and a cardigan pattern I've been drooling over for months. Now I just need to finish a few little projects first (like my Spring Socks and last year's Holiday ornaments) before I can wind those little hanks into balls and start knitting.


So here's my plan. I'm going to finish my previously mentioned projects and start my lovely deep red cardigan with the goal of wearing it on Thanksgiving. And then I'm going to share it with you guys. But this time I want you guys to share back with me. I would love to get some fiber crafters involved and show me your fall projects! I keep dreaming of a little fall collage of everyone's beautiful knitting and crocheting and weaving (and whatever else you like to do with yarn). So if you wonderful readers have the time, I would love for you to send pictures of your favorite Alpaca With A Twist fall projects to me at paige@alpacawithatwist.com with a little bit about yourself/your project. Include as much or as little as you like- but your first name, what you're making, yarn or pattern you're using and where in the world your project is happening would be wonderful to know! I would love to cover our blog and/or facebook page with our wonderful projects, so get those needles and hooks movin' and flash me your new fall projects.


This would be a really great thing if we could get some beautiful projects posted so that we can share our fiber-triumphs and tips and maybe get a few people to branch out and try something new! Thanks, have a great day, and I can't wait to see your fall projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment