Saturday, May 31, 2014

As The Wheels Turn~

Tucked away at the end of a strip mall and  the bustle of  Greenwood, Indiana is Starstruck Cat Studio, a haven for fiber artists.  It's located on Meridian Park Lane, behind the Kroger store on Highway 135 (to those of us out-of-towners).

If you knit, crochet, weave or hook rugs you will find all the supplies you need there.  The knowledgeable staff  will assist you with your purchases and can  advise you on your next project. 
Customers are encouraged to sit and chat together in a cozy corner dedicated for learning and sharing.

I visited Starstruck Cat Studio while on a recent yarn crawl, Roving Indiana.  I immediately noticed a wonderful selection of notions, needles, books and bags.  (They had me at hello.)
So when Susan, the owner phoned me to request I bring a trunk show to help celebrate their 4th Birthday this weekend, I jumped at the chance.  After all, a yarn shop seems my natural habitat and who could resist hanging out with fellow fiber artists for a couple of days? 

After dodging potholes, a couple of traffic delays and more than a few impatient Friday afternoon drivers, I arrived at the shop with a trunk full of yarn, patterns and baskets of shop models.
I was greeted by Heather, the store manager (and a great asset to the studio, I might add) who helped me settle in. The next few hours were spent talking with customers who eagerly shared my enthusiasm as they tried on the models I brought and chose Alpaca With A Twist's Baby Twist, Socrates, Fino and Surino yarns for their next project.  A few decided to join our next online KAL which begins in a couple of days.  (Contact cathi@alpacawithatwist.com for more information)
Others just couldn't resist the beautiful colors or luxurious feel that is un-mistakable  alpaca. 

Even better, a tempting discount for all purchases if you buy a project bag (at a discount, of course).  It's a gift to the loyal customers who make Starstruck Cat Studio such a nice little corner of the world!

So it is with eager anticipation I look forward to spending today with new friends and folks who are as passionate of their craft as the staff of Starstruck Cat Studio...and no, I did not see a cat sleeping in a basket of yarn, on a sunny window ledge or anywhere else in the shop.  Makes me wonder how they got the name...


No comments:

Post a Comment