Thursday, October 21, 2010

quiet...too quiet

So one of the things we are working on is really connecting with the knitters instead of only yarn store owners. We still love our LYS owners, but we love to talk to EVERYONE. Me especially- I'm quite the chatterbox.

So if you're on Ravelry, we'd love to hear from you. We're got our own group (Alpaca With A Twist) and you can see all sorts of fun things like news, new colors, and now there's a thread of people's projects (mostly just mine so far, but I would really love to see yours!). To make it a little more interesting over there on Ravelry, Jennifer and I have decided to put together a little goodybag for our winners every month. "But Paige!" you say, "how can I win said goodybags?"

It's easy! Go to the "What are you making?" thread and post a picture of your projects with Alpaca With A Twist yarn or fiber. If you're working with our roving, we totally count handspun as a project. Then talk about your project a little bit. Say something along the lines of Hi, I'm blergety-blerg, and I'm making a sweater for my blerg with some Highlander. And then at the end of the month, I'll go through and put all of the people who submitted pictures into a drawing (multiple projects count for multiple chances!) and then I'll pick one name totally at random and then send you a goodybag.

"But Paige!" you ask, "what's in the goodybag?".

I don't know yet, but it will be awesome. Go get your chat on over there at the Alpaca With A Twist group, and let's see what sort of awesome we can dish out. Can't wait to hear from you!

1 comment: