We had such a good time hearing your suggestions for naming a new color we decided to venture out and ask for help again but this time in a MUCH bigger way. We have been working on a set of patterns to make a triangular shawl out of 1 hank of Baby Twist (or 5 balls). We have 4 so far and a 5th coming from our favorite lace designer, Sharon Winsauer. We would like to finish out the series with a 6th from you. The details are below. If your favorite local yarn shop doesn't carry Baby Twist just have them give us a call and we'll be happy to help them out. Happy knitting!
To enter the competition:
- Simply design and make a triangular shawl out of 1 jumbo hank (549 yards) of Baby Twist or 5 50g balls of Baby Twist. If you are using 5 balls, be sure to only use one color. Be sure to write down the design as you go, you’ll need to send it in to enter the competition.
- The shawls and patterns must be received in our warehouse at 950 S White River Pkwy W Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46221 by June 1st, so please plan accordingly for shipping. If you would like your shawl returned, please enclose a self addressed envelope large enough for the shawl.
- The winner will receive $250 and a jumbo hank of Baby Twist in the color of his or her choice.
- The winning shawl and pattern will become property of Alpaca With A Twist as part of a shawl collection. However, the winning designer may sell their pattern themselves as long as it is promoted using Baby Twist and is not available to other yarn manufacturers. Our published pattern will also include the designers name and location.
- The top 10 entries will all receive a replacement hank of Baby Twist in the color of his or her choice.
- The winning shawl will be displayed in the new products section at TNNA promoting our single hank shawls.
- Please be sure to include basic contact information (full name, phone number, address and if applicable, e-mail address) in the same package as your completed (and blocked if desired) shawl and pattern.
We look forward to your entry!